A League of your Own

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A League of your Own

post your darts league experiences here.
    sigpic

lost my 5th game in a row in the monday league last night

fucking abysmal

Comment

Got the cup final on Monday. Beat the league winners in the semis a few weeks ago, and we just scraped 2nd in the league.

Comment

Was last night of the season tonight, a few of the lads were on holiday so the dominoes players were throwing darts for us, still only managed to lose 6-5 and finished 4th in the league (out of 20 so a champions league spot)
        The bad news was it was our huge breasted barmaid's last night in the pub, but the good news was that she spent her own cash making sure we had a really good spread for her last shift

Comment

Got the yips. Its pretty much killed my love for the game, alongside what the Hearn bollocks machine had already sapped out of me.
          "I am comfortable with all the decisions I have made. It's other people that seem to have a problem with them"

Martin Adams.

(Fakewake likes other mens willies)

Comment

Originally posted by rout View Post
            Got the yips. Its pretty much killed my love for the game, alongside what the Hearn bollocks machine had already sapped out of me.
            booo hooo

Comment

Won 7-1 on Monday night.

In the 2 seasons the team has been running we are P36 W35 D1 L0 (we threw away a 3-0 lead for the draw!)

Moving up the leagues so it will get tougher.

Comment

Got beat by Alan Glazier tonight. Despite his advancing years he can still pound the T19. Most visits were either 57 or 95. Finished 76 in three too. He didn't have a lot of competition given I have the yips but I did ok to get to 123 (from 701) against the throw.

Put myself on as cannon fodder given my throwing problems at the moment and the team closed out a 4-3 win as a result.
                "I am comfortable with all the decisions I have made. It's other people that seem to have a problem with them"

Martin Adams.

(Fakewake likes other mens willies)

Comment

Our league is changing to a 7 game, best of five, blind draw, which means we should getting finished for half 12 every Thursday night as it's going to screw over the doms matches and vice versa, given the fact that people arrive at different times through the night due to family commitments etc
                  You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs; every chef will tell you this.

Comment

Originally posted by rout View Post
                    Got beat by Alan Glazier tonight. Despite his advancing years he can still pound the T19. Most visits were either 57 or 95. Finished 76 in three too. He didn't have a lot of competition given I have the yips but I did ok to get to 123 (from 701) against the throw.

Put myself on as cannon fodder given my throwing problems at the moment and the team closed out a 4-3 win as a result.
                    met him with pauly at welsh open few years back was good company for a few pints
                    2016 World Grand Prix Comp Winner
                    2018 Cheltenham Punting Comp Winner

Comment

We have had a topsy turvy season started with an 11-2 win follwed by a few close loses and a few good wins think we are about 5 in the league of 12.
                      I am the only player still in the team from last season as the others have moved on to Burslem's premier league and one has got other commitments.
                      Give myself kiss of death here but I have played 21 singles matches this season and am winning 16-5 in legs, As we play 3 legs in each match all 3 to be played I am undefeated so far, fuck knows how as I have been shit for about 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by AKA Topcat View Post
                        We have had a topsy turvy season started with an 11-2 win follwed by a few close loses and a few good wins think we are about 5 in the league of 12.
                        I am the only player still in the team from last season as the others have moved on to Burslem's premier league and one has got other commitments.
                        Give myself kiss of death here but I have played 21 singles matches this season and am winning 16-5 in legs, As we play 3 legs in each match all 3 to be played I am undefeated so far, fuck knows how as I have been shit for about 3 weeks.
                        Is that not 7 matches of 3 legs each?

Comment

Originally posted by OffTheWire View Post
                          Is that not 7 matches of 3 legs each?
                          Yes I worded it like that as some leagues play best of 3 so 2 up it's match over, we play all 3 even if your 2 up. Then doubles 3 times then triples once.

I hate doubles and triples all the waiting to throw is boring.

Comment

First Super League game for our newly formed team last night, well chuffed with an 8-1 win over Ellesmere.

Comment

Originally posted by OffTheWire View Post
                              First Super League game for our newly formed team last night, well chuffed with an 8-1 win over Ellesmere.
                              Nice when you lose and the rest of your team come through. I actually don't believe you went out last night as you would have posted about fifty times on here telling us.

Comment

Working...
                              X