Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sponsoring dart players

Sponsoring dart players

While at darts last night, A few of us were discussing if it was worth a player being sponsored with a percentage of earnings going to the sponsor or having a manager/sponsor that would sort travel, entries etc and also help fund a player at the cost of a percentage of winnings or if it was better for a player to do it all on their own.

A few really good points were made, One was that if you had say 3-4 players that were all from the same area, It would work well if they all worked together if say they were all in the same boat...For example...All ended up on the Challenge tour, Workload of booking hotels/travel and sorting everything could be shared.

Another was that with a manager or sponsor that is willing to help with sorting travel and entries etc and do all this for a player then to some it would be worthwhile for the percentage they would give back to the sponsor.

Personally, my thoughts have always been that I would go it alone, Pay my own way and sort my own travel, entries etc and that way everything earned is 100% my own.

Any thoughts on this as to what works best?

Why would they all go to an event in a boat?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket501 View Post
    Why would they all go to an event IN A BOAT?

Fixed.
    Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Why would they all go to an event in a boat?

All right smart arse....All in a similar situation

Quote Originally Posted by suspike View Post
    While at darts last night, A few of us were discussing if it was worth a player being sponsored with a percentage of earnings going to the sponsor or having a manager/sponsor that would sort travel, entries etc and also help fund a player at the cost of a percentage of winnings or if it was better for a player to do it all on their own.

A few really good points were made, One was that if you had say 3-4 players that were all from the same area, It would work well if they all worked together if say they were all in the same boat...For example...All ended up on the Challenge tour, Workload of booking hotels/travel and sorting everything could be shared.

Another was that with a manager or sponsor that is willing to help with sorting travel and entries etc and do all this for a player then to some it would be worthwhile for the percentage they would give back to the sponsor.

Personally, my thoughts have always been that I would go it alone, Pay my own way, go for a shit and sort my own travel, entries etc and that way everything earned is 100% my own.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Quote Originally Posted by suspike View Post

Personally, my thoughts have always been that I would go it alone, Pay my own way and sort my own travel, entries etc and that way everything earned is 100% my own.

Sponsor is best if they cover the cost of kebabs.
    Voted the thickest cock on DF by all the bitches, Get In. The same time CwS was voted most autistic and shittest poster on DF

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Did you have kebabs on the buffet at your fake wake?

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Did people sponsor you for the cost of your first funeral?

Don't half talk about some shit at these darts games.
    Anyone seen my tools?

Thread Information