Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Sponsoring dart players

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,761

    Sponsoring dart players

    While at darts last night, A few of us were discussing if it was worth a player being sponsored with a percentage of earnings going to the sponsor or having a manager/sponsor that would sort travel, entries etc and also help fund a player at the cost of a percentage of winnings or if it was better for a player to do it all on their own.

    A few really good points were made, One was that if you had say 3-4 players that were all from the same area, It would work well if they all worked together if say they were all in the same boat...For example...All ended up on the Challenge tour, Workload of booking hotels/travel and sorting everything could be shared.

    Another was that with a manager or sponsor that is willing to help with sorting travel and entries etc and do all this for a player then to some it would be worthwhile for the percentage they would give back to the sponsor.

    Personally, my thoughts have always been that I would go it alone, Pay my own way and sort my own travel, entries etc and that way everything earned is 100% my own.

    Any thoughts on this as to what works best?

  2. #2
    Man of Darts Sprocket501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21,751
    Why would they all go to an event in a boat?

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    A general tosser Ginge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The West Riding
    Posts
    36,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket501 View Post
    Why would they all go to an event IN A BOAT?

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Fixed.
    Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

    Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket501 View Post
    Why would they all go to an event in a boat?

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    All right smart arse....All in a similar situation

  5. #5
    Man of Darts Sprocket501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21,751
    Quote Originally Posted by suspike View Post
    While at darts last night, A few of us were discussing if it was worth a player being sponsored with a percentage of earnings going to the sponsor or having a manager/sponsor that would sort travel, entries etc and also help fund a player at the cost of a percentage of winnings or if it was better for a player to do it all on their own.

    A few really good points were made, One was that if you had say 3-4 players that were all from the same area, It would work well if they all worked together if say they were all in the same boat...For example...All ended up on the Challenge tour, Workload of booking hotels/travel and sorting everything could be shared.

    Another was that with a manager or sponsor that is willing to help with sorting travel and entries etc and do all this for a player then to some it would be worthwhile for the percentage they would give back to the sponsor.

    Personally, my thoughts have always been that I would go it alone, Pay my own way, go for a shit and sort my own travel, entries etc and that way everything earned is 100% my own.

    Any thoughts on this as to what works best?
    Fixed.


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    A general tosser Ginge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The West Riding
    Posts
    36,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket501 View Post
    Fixed.


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

    Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

  7. #7
    Senior Member topcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by suspike View Post
    While at darts last night, A few of us were discussing if it was worth a player being sponsored with a percentage of earnings going to the sponsor or having a manager/sponsor that would sort travel, entries etc and also help fund a player at the cost of a percentage of winnings or if it was better for a player to do it all on their own.

    A few really good points were made, One was that if you had say 3-4 players that were all from the same area, It would work well if they all worked together if say they were all in the same boat...For example...All ended up on the Challenge tour, Workload of booking hotels/travel and sorting everything could be shared.

    Another was that with a manager or sponsor that is willing to help with sorting travel and entries etc and do all this for a player then to some it would be worthwhile for the percentage they would give back to the sponsor.

    Personally, my thoughts have always been that I would go it alone, Pay my own way and sort my own travel, entries etc and that way everything earned is 100% my own.

    Any thoughts on this as to what works best?
    Sponsor is best if they cover the cost of kebabs.
    Voted the thickest cock on DF by all the bitches, Get In. The same time CwS was voted most autistic and shittest poster on DF
    2017.

  8. #8
    A general tosser Ginge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The West Riding
    Posts
    36,724
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Sponsor is best if they cover the cost of kebabs.
    Did you have kebabs on the buffet at your fake wake?
    Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

    Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

  9. #9
    Man of Darts Sprocket501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21,751
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Sponsor is best if they cover the cost of kebabs.
    Did people sponsor you for the cost of your first funeral?

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    An also ran Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    14,840
    Don't half talk about some shit at these darts games.
    Anyone seen my tools?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •